Fraud & Financial Investigation
There are many reasons why a financial investigation may be required and these need not be contentious or litigious. There may be issues that require comfort and assurance over and above that that they obtain from their normal accounting or audit procedures.
We have experience of numerous ad-hoc financial investigations, and can apply our investigatory skills in a wide and varied set of circumstances.
Whilst these may not include suspicions of fraud or other irregularity, if fraud is suspected, a comprehensive investigation must be carried out quickly, and by investigators who have sound working knowledge of the best way to achieve a satisfactory outcome.
We endeavour to:
- Work to establish the most suitable route to proceed with an investigation
- Work closely with HR professionals, both from within Dains or the Client’s own team
- Work closely with IT professionals, both trusted suppliers or the Client’s own team
- Maximise the potential recovery from the fraudsters
- Minimise further damage to the business
- Support successful legal action is taken against fraudsters
- Identify lessons to be learned for the future to prevent a recurrence
We also regularly act for the defence in criminal matters. We understand how both sides of a case are put together, what decisions may have been made in preparing the evidence, and what other sources of evidence may be available - we offer a truly independent expert opinion.
Why would you need Dains Forensic?
- You are a pension scheme trustee and need to appoint an accountancy firm to investigate the financial strength of the employing company to ensure pension deficits and future contributions can be adequately funded
- You want to appoint an accountancy firm to audit the royalty income from your existing licences
- You are a government department and wish to establish the basis on which any claims against the department might be considered