Criminal and Regulatory
As the business world becomes ever more sophisticated, the need to involve experienced forensic accountants, whether working for the prosecution or the defence, is increasingly important to ensure the smooth running of a case, with a view of achieving the correct outcome.
We have been involved both for the prosecution and the defence in many cases
Our experience includes cases involving:
- Fraudulent trading
- Conspiracy to defraud
- Insolvency offences
- Theft by employees
- VAT and tax fraud
- Mortgage fraud
- Acting in the management of a brothel
- Investment fraud
- Duty evaded on contraband goods (cigarettes, tobacco and alcohol)
- Diversion of trade
- Carousel fraud
- Expenses fraud
- False accounting
- Money laundering offences
We aim to ensure that the evidence presented is:
- Consistent with the available evidence and the defendant's explanations
- Whether the conclusions from the accountancy evidence are sound
- If the accounting evidence provides alternative explanations for the allegations advanced by the prosecution
We are accustomed to the process of obtaining Legal Aid Agency funding and, unlike many firms, are prepared to undertake assignments at the applicable rates.
We also have considerable experience in providing expert opinion in relation to Confiscation Matters.
Why would you need Dains Forensic?
- You are a solicitor and need to appoint an accountancy firm to assist with the defence of clients charged with theft because the evidence needs interpretation and explanation to the Court
- You are a prosecuting authority and require assistance in gathering the evidence and putting your case to the Court
- You are a solicitor or barrister and need an accountancy firm to act as experts in legal proceedings